Sunday, January 8, 2012

How to get famous...young and restless


You can only imagine the interesting questions, I have gotten over the years.The primary questions that I receive from young ladies and their mothers are how to get famous, how to be on tv, and how to break into the fashion industry.
I try and remind these females that looks can only carry them so far; they must have a backup plan and know it is crucial to finish their education. Re-evaluate your intention for wanting to be famous or model: do you really even like fashion? You should aspire to be different and great, not just famous.Sometimes what you want REALLY isn't what you need.
An award -winning producer from ANTM, always blurted out, "Girls, remember that you learn and grow from your mistakes..."
Oh Boy, have I made mistakes. I've learned how to be my own best friend and from my mistakes of sharing too much along the way regarding projects I was doing, people I'd met, places I'd been, things I wanted to happen in my personal life, etc.
I guess my primary goal is, and has always been, to be authentic and not get affected or have a delusional sense of entitlement. It would be foolish to think the world or modeling/entertainment industry owed me anything. The "Entitlement Complex" really bugs me. It's the most unattractive quality in people (males or females) who have been given much throughout their lives or accomplished much.
Love, Yoanna
P.S. Still learning and growing

*Deuteronomy 8:17-18
The wealth or "abundance"of our lives is a gift, not just a given. That is, no more than with life itself do we have this as something we can earn or deserve. It is not entitlement but blessings in which others are meant to share

No comments:

Post a Comment