Tuesday, January 3, 2012



I was bitten by the fashion bug starting back to my earliest childhood memories: those of playing dress-up in my grandmother's closet, organizing her high heels from pale to vibrant colors. The highlight of our time was spent together watching CNN Style on Saturday mornings while begging her to spritz me with Chanel no. 5. The admiration I had for my grandmother made my love of all things glittery and sparkly even more intense. It was she who pushed me to per sue fashion/modeling and encouraged my dramatic transformation.
Throughout my whole life I've been deemed quirky and unique, and while it used to rub me the wrong way, I now take it as a compliment. I view the opportunities that enriched my life to align with what my heart always desired but with God's perfect positioning and timing. Serendipitous sounding? Maybe, but it's no coincidence when you have the courage to reach for the stars and let go of other peoples opinions and discouraging words. I often practice sitting still while concentrating on my dream, showing gratitude, and surrounding myself with positive affirmations and friends. Sometimes the most beneficial action is to hold your personal dreams private and not share too much! Everything happens in accordance to our thoughts and walking in the light. It is crucial we allow for the tolerance of others and their uniqueness, as intolerance has widespread consequences. xo -Yoanna

No comments:

Post a Comment