Monday, January 23, 2012

Young Hollywood Interview Q and A















1. In previous interviews you mention a lot of your younger fans asking you for life or career advice. In your opinion, what are some questions you get asked most frequently by your younger fans?
How to get famous, be on t.v., remind the girls that their looks can only carry them so far, have a backup plan, must finish education, re-evaluate your intention for wanting to be famous. aspire to be different and great

2. Now that you are a mother how do you balance work and family?
The great balancing act. I've learned from experience, I have no magic formula. I constantly have to re-evaluate and ask, "Am I making enough time for my son and myself?" In the beginning I took him everywhere with me, even when going to meetings and The Tyra Show, etc. I had to learn that it was ok I couldn't do everything all by myself and ok to ask for help in order to balance work and family. Also, "Am I taking care of myself that way that I need to?" I had to learn the difference between the reality of being a mother and being perfect. Your mind never rests! Once I became a mother, my mind was and is still full of worries, it is inescapable.
3. What advice would you give to young women hoping to have a successful career and eventually be a mother/wife?
It's about God's perfect timing and positioning in conjunction with your dreams. Also not settling (a big mistake) especially if God has someone better in store for you. We shouldn't allow ourselves to become or just be some " man's option".
4. While reading about you I noticed you speak two languages other than English. What inspired you to learn so many languages?
My major was International Relations; I was fascinated by other cultures, taboos, political standings and I found the challenge of Japan's alphabet system to be engaging. Our Sensei had remarkable patience and our Japanese class was made up of a total of 10 students.
5. Who would you say has been the most supportive to you and your career?
I've learned to be my own best friend and from mistakes by sharing too much along the way re: projects, people I'd met, places I'd been, etc. My primary goal is, and has always been, to be authentic to not get affected or have a delusional sense of entitlement. It's the most unattractive quality seen in males or females who have been/are given much. I try to balance mind, body and spirit, by going to Mass, keeping grounded with positive friends. And in times past, I've had a spiritual director whose brain I could pick in order to gain a different perspective on life's challenges.
6.What generally makes your life happy?

Alastair, for sure! Also, simplifying my routine and life has brought me peace. Carving out mandatory "Me time", whether it be a beauty, holistic ritual, working out, or reading a Paris Vogue magazine: it's super and makes me happy.
7. What trends should we be keeping an eye out for this spring?
Trends: school boy blazers, tailored jeans, return of feminine lingerie used as outerwear (Agent Provocateur, Wolford body suits), Vivienne Westwood boots, and I love wearing White! Reconstructing old vintage pieces and making them more body conscious and modern.
8. What toddler items can you not live with out?
Wipes (anti-bacterial or the tushie wipes kind). Educational toys, Music, Play-Dough!! Books for story time, V-tech Ipad,and enlisting Alastair in dance,drum lessons,soccer!!!
9.What are some of your favorite current projects?
I'm very excited about this past month and the doors opening to more modeling and broadcasting. After Alastair was born, I experienced getting my feet wet with appearing on the then Tyra Show several times and fashion reporting. I am traveling for work on a lot various model workshops and teaching girls the "inside playbook". I've begun modeling more now, especially in Miami with fantastic photographers and have a future trip planned for L.A. knocking on networks doors. Right now, I have few shoots coming up with various Florida magazines, so keep an eye out :)


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took several years of Japanese too! It's awesome to see other people who are also challenged and interested by the prospect of learning a new language.

    You're an inspiration as always, Yoanna; keep up the good work and I can't wait to see you on TV and in magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be high energy Yoanna!! I think that was good advice about becoming your own best friend. If we love ourselves then we aren't going to damage ourselves or fill it with negativety. That is good for you and good for your child.
    Take care Yoanna!

    ReplyDelete